|Trouble || Probable Cause and Remedy |
|Pump will not turn || |
- Drive malfunction: verify that drive powered. Assure all alarm circuits are clear. Check drive motor current and speed settings.
- Process conditions changed: check process conditions for proper temperature, pressures, viscosities, and materials.
- Entrained particle: disassemble and clean pump. Replace any damaged parts.
- Possible internal damage: disassemble and clean pump. Replace any damaged parts. Consult factory.
|No flow from pump || |
- Same as above: same as above.
- Pump rotation: correct drive arrangement or power leads.
|Excessive seal assembly leakage || |
- Worn lip seal: replace lip seals.
- Worn seal plate: replace seal plate and coupling if necessary.
- Insufficient inlet pressure: mechanical face seal version - increase inlet pressure.
|Reduced pump efficiency || |
- Worn gear(s): replace worn gear(s).
- Worn bearings: replace worn bearings.
- Process conditions changed: consult factory for gear clearance recommendations for new process conditions.