|Trouble|| Probable Cause and Remedy|
|Pump will not turn|
- Low pump temperature: check thermocouple and control loop for proper setting or operation. Allow sufficient heat-up time.
- Drive malfunction: verify that drive powered. Assure all alarm circuits are clear. Check drive motor current and speed settings. Check drive couplings.
- Process conditions changed: check process conditions for proper melt temperature, pressures, viscosities, and materials.
- Entrained particle: disassemble and clean pump. Replace any damaged parts.
- Possible internal damage: disassemble and clean pump. Replace any damaged parts. Consult factory.
|Excessive seal assembly leakage|
- Worn lip seal: replace lip seals.
- Incorrect water flow: monitor and adjust water flow to provide correct sealing temperature.
- Clogged rheoseal channel: disassemble two-piece seal housing and inspect.
|Reduced pump efficiency|
- Worn gear(s): replace worn gear(s).
- Worn bearings: replace worn bearings.
- Process conditions changed: consult factory for clearance recommendations on new process conditions.