|Trouble || Probable Cause and Remedy |
|Pump will not turn || |
- Process temperature too low: check thermocouple and control loop for proper setting or operation.
- Drive malfunction: verify that drive is powered. Assure that alarm cicuits are clear. Check motor drive current and speed settings. Check drive couplings.
- Process conditions changed: check process fluid for proper melt temperature.
- Internal damage: disassemble and clean pump. Replace damaged parts.
- Incorrect installation: check mounting arrangement. Check evenness of heating. Shaft alignments.
- Lack of lubrication: journal bearing design may not be adequate.
- Interference fit of moving part: measure clearances and correct if possible.
|No flow from pump || |
- Same as above: same as above.
- Pump rotation: correct drive arrangement or power leads.
|Reduced pump efficiency || |
- Worn gear(s): replace worn gear(s).
- Worn side plate(s): resurface or replace worn plate(s).
- Worn gear plate: replace gear plate.
- Worn shaft and/or bearing holes causing excessive leakage: replace shaft and/or side plate(s).
|Seal leakage || |
- Worn or scratched seal faces: resurface or replace.